Sunday 15 March 2015

More work in progress for Joy of 6.

Was going to post some British pieces for Septembers crisis point but I've a few more pieces for the Battle of Bjervik to get on with first. A couple of artillery spotters in the form of a pair of Heroics and Ros MT-LBu(ARCV) (SM13).

MT-LBu

MT-LBu

MT-LBu
With part of the Bjervik scenario possibly involving an amphibious phase I thought it was time to invest in some landing craft. The standard Soviet landing craft was, and still is the Ondatra class. Unfortunately no one makes a model of these, but they do have a passing resemblance to the WW2 allied  LCM(3), but with a larger wheelhouse. Managed to get these on E-Bay from Ambhimods  code IRS3b.

LCM3
LCM3
LCM3
With Gaz 66 Truck

With UAZ 469 Field car
Size wise they are quite a bit shorter than the Ondatra class but will do at a push as the loads will only be representative ie a single truck or vehicle although a BTR60 is a tight fit.

3 comments:

  1. I've always shied away from sticking aerials on my vehicles, partly because I'm worried they will simply be lost too easily through handling. What's your attrition rate like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Luke,
    I must admit I've lost very few aerials over the years. I always drill quite a deep hole to take the brass wire I use with a good blob of super glue. I also only put aerials onto command vehicles etc so they tend not to get too much handling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I actually hadn't though you'd be using wire - I don't know why, given I've got quite a few lengths narrow enough I've thought "what on earth could I use this for?"!

      Doing it only for command vehicles might not be a bad compromise between looks, utility, and labour...

      Delete